HubSpot vs. Hootsuite: Which has the best social media tools for you?
The digital presence of businesses through social media has rapidly increased in the last decade, and the need for a more distinctive social profile has never been more important to stand out from competitors.
Social media management plays a crucial role in differentiating target audiences, analytical insights into the success of marketing campaigns, and where the business fits into the wider cultural space. Brands leverage social platforms to enhance visibility, and brand recognition for meaningful connections with people for a comprehensive customer relationship.
However, selecting the ideal platform tailored to specific business needs and the demographics of the company's customer base can be challenging. There are a variety of different platforms out there offering tools for creating, scheduling, and analysing social media posts.
This blog explores two prominent social media management platforms, HubSpot and Hootsuite, which have distinct approaches to incorporating social media management tools.
HubSpot offers a comprehensive suite of marketing and sales tools, while Hootsuite specialises solely in social media management.
Delving deeper into their features and advantages can help you choose the platform. If you're currently utilising HubSpot or considering its implementation, you might be curious about whether Hootsuite is necessary. Does HubSpot's social tool offer the same level of functionality and expertise in social media management?
Overview of HubSpot
HubSpot was founded in 2006 with the goal of revolutionising the way businesses approach marketing and sales by focusing on inbound marketing.
The platform’s social media management features are designed to streamline the process of planning, publishing, monitoring, and analysing social media content. These capabilities are integrated into the broader HubSpot platform, allowing businesses to coordinate their social media efforts with their overall marketing, sales, and customer service strategies.
Overview of Hootsuite
Hootsuite is a social media management platform that provides a comprehensive set of tools for businesses and individuals to manage their social media accounts and activities. It was founded in 2008 by Ryan Holmes and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
It has become one of the most popular and widely used social media management platforms, serving over 18 million customers worldwide.
Hootsuite helps businesses and individuals looking to streamline their social media management, increase their online presence, and gain insights into their social media performance. It helps users save time, engage with their audience more effectively, and make data-driven decisions to improve their social media strategies.
Features and Capabilities
HubSpot’s General Features
HubSpot is an all-in-one platform for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. It offers features like a CMS, marketing automation, CRM, and customer service tools.
It also provides analytic tools such as reporting, lead scoring, and segmentation. HubSpot's integration marketplace connects with various third-party apps, and its A/B testing and optimisation tools help improve campaigns and content.
The platform's mobile app allows on-the-go management. Businesses can benefit from HubSpot by streamlining their operations, attracting leads, nurturing them, and enhancing customer experiences for growth.
HubSpot’s Social Media Features
HubSpot offers a comprehensive suite of social media management tools. Users can schedule and publish posts across multiple platforms, automate responses and interactions, and receive guidance for an effective content strategy that caters to their target audience's preferences and interests.
HubSpot's Social Inbox centralises all social interactions for easy engagement and conversation management. It seamlessly integrates with its CRM system, enabling effective customer relationship management with social interactions included.
Users can also create automation workflows triggered by social media interactions, enhancing efficiency and engagement. This is enhanced by in-depth analysis of social media engagement to manage your social media outreach most effectively.
The features offered by Hootsuite collectively aim to enhance social media management by improving efficiency, engagement, and measurement. Businesses can save time, engage more effectively with their audience, and make data-driven decisions to optimise their social media strategies.
Hootsuite offers a wide-ranging set of social media management tools, including the ability to create, schedule, and analyse social media advertising campaigns across multiple social media platforms. The ability to connect to third-party apps and services is also enabled.
Social media monitoring and analytics are essential components of Hootsuite, allowing businesses to stay informed and engage with their audience through real-time tracking of mentions and conversations. Also measuring the impact of the social media efforts with comprehensive insights and performance metrics.
Both HubSpot and Hootsuite are offer user-friendly platforms, but the choice depends on individual preferences, the specific needs of your business, and the level of complexity you are comfortable with.
Ease of use and accessibility to features:
- HubSpot provides easily accessible features, like a well-organised dashboard, with user-friendly tools, offered in a cohesive all-in-one platform for a simplified user experience.
- Hootsuite's broad feature set may be advantageous for some users but may require beginners to spend more time navigating through various features. Although it offers comprehensive tutorials and customer support to help users get started.
Onboarding, Training, and Customisation:
- HubSpot offers extensive onboarding and training resources, including educational content, certifications, and a strong focus on providing learning materials. This empowers users to learn the platform effectively.
- HubSpot allows for a high degree of customisation, enabling businesses to adapt it to their specific needs by personalising dashboards, reports, and content.
- Hootsuite provides onboarding assistance and a knowledge base, although not as extensive as HubSpot's training resources, it compensates with a user community and support options to facilitate the learning process.
- Hootsuite provides customisation options but focuses more on pre-built tools and features, which may be considered less flexible compared to HubSpot.
HubSpot may be more user-friendly for those looking for an all-in-one inbound marketing solution with a strong focus on education and support. Hootsuite, on the other hand, is ideal for users who require a comprehensive social media management tool and are willing to explore its extensive feature set.
Reporting and Analytics
- HubSpot provides extensive tools for monitoring social media activity, including mentions, comments, and engagement metrics.
- Users can also set up social listening streams to track industry-related keywords and topics.
- Additionally, HubSpot's reporting, and analytics offer insights into social media performance, while users can manage social media advertising campaigns within the platform.
- Hootsuite's analytics focus on social media performance, including engagement metrics, audience demographics, competitor analysis, and custom reports.
- Provides sentiment analysis and link tracking, enabling businesses to assess brand perception and calculate social media ROI.
- Integration with other tools enhances data analysis for better social media marketing decisions.
HubSpot provides a broader range of analytics that covers various aspects of the customer journey, including marketing, sales, and customer service. This comprehensive view is valuable for businesses looking for a holistic understanding of their customer interactions.
On the other hand, Hootsuite excels in social media analytics, helping businesses fine-tune their social media strategies and make data-driven decisions in that specific area.
Customer Support and Resources
Both HubSpot and Hootsuite provide customer support through email and have knowledge bases with documentation. They also offer online communities for users to engage with each other.
HubSpot goes a step further by offering phone support and an extensive educational resource hub through the HubSpot Academy, providing users with a broader range of support options and educational materials.
HubSpot is ideal for businesses looking to create a unified marketing and sales ecosystem and offers extensive educational resources through the HubSpot Academy. Hootsuite is a valuable tool for businesses heavily invested in social media marketing, with a focus on monitoring and optimising their online presence.
The choice between the two depends on the specific needs and goals of a business, with many using both in tandem to support their marketing and social media efforts.
In summary, HubSpot is an all-in-one platform for inbound marketing and CRM, while Hootsuite specialises in social media management.
If you think HubSpot is for you, don’t hesitate to contact our team and set up a meeting to discuss your social media needs.